
This year our Pier Group from church adopted a family for Christmas through the Lokahi Program. We all took one member of the family and got them gifts. Some things were gently used and donated and some were bought new. Rather than cooking for them we chipped in and got them a gift card to Sack and Save. It was a great experience. We got to meet them on the 23rd. We gave the mom a digital camera and the gift card while we were there and she was so emotional. They were so very grateful and the kids were all so sweet. The family even requested that we pray before parting ways. It was a great lesson for Rhett this year. He started the I want...I want...I want and this really helped. He helped me shop for them and even went with us to deliver the presents on Tuesday night. I pray that their Christmas was filled with the Holy Spirit.
12.28.2008
Lokahi Family 2008
Posted by The Henderson Family at 3:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment