4.06.2009

It's Been a Long Time!

Well, it has been FOREVER since I have posted! I looked at the dates and I have gone over a whole month! A LOT has happened with our family in the last month. Early March we began preparing to leave Hawaii. We had movers come in and pack up the majority of our things. We left the necessities (coffee pot, etc) for a later packout. With overseas orders we are allowed an Express Shipment. You can do this in any order. We chose to save this shipment until right before we left the island. In Hawaii we have a great option to have "Aloha Furniture". Though very uncomfortable we are entitled to wicker furniture. Our shipment takes 6-8 weeks to arrive on the mainland. This lets us send most things early. This makes a move MUCH easier! So, between the three shipments we had packed out and trying to squeeze in a few last minute tourist things we stayed pretty busy in March. Then came March 20. We flew out of Hawaii at 1 pm and landed in Jacksonville, FL at 10 am. It was a LONG, but good flight. The kids were GREAT! We bought Keith a new truck and we found a new house. We did this in four days. After this work was over we headed to Bradenton, FL for a MLB Spring Training game. That was a good afternoon. The next morning we headed out on our 11 hour drive to Mississippi. I was dreading the ride because Bailey had NEVER been in a vehicle that long. If we drove around for 11 hours on Oahu we would go around the island 8 times! We had a great drive. There was not ONE fit from either kid. I keep wondering what bad is going to happen to us during this move because it has almost been too easy! AAAHH! So we have been in Meadville, MS for the last week. This is where my parents have retired to. The week has flown by and we have had a great time. We have ridden four wheelers until our rear ends are numb, fished in dad's new boat (Keith and dad treated me to not only baiting my hook, but also removing the fish!), doing a little work, eating good food, and visiting with old friends and family. Rhett and Bailey have loved being outside with puppies and so much room to run around! Tomorrow we head to Madison, MS. We will spend a week with Keith's family. I am sure the kids will be spoiled even more. I wonder what is going to happen when they are back to reality in a week! Ha! We plan to drive back to Florida on April 15th. Keith starts work on the 20th. I found us a beach house to rent for a month until our house is ready. We are building a new home and it is SUPPOSED to be ready by May 15. I think my vehicle should be in Orlando in a few weeks. That will be nice to have it back. I always said I would NEVER drive a minivan, but I LOVE it! So, things are working out as they usually do with little stress or worry. Our next step will be moving into a new house and unpacking. We will have ALL of our things in this house so it will take longer to unpack. Over half has been in storage for two years. So maybe that means we don't need most of it. (unless it is furniture, of course! Ha) Well, anyway. This was supposed to be a quick update, but has turned into a book. There will be pictures to follow soon!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

WOW girl you have been busy! Hope all goes right on schedule with your new home. I want to see pictures when it's all done!

Have fun with family. Tell Keith hi for me!

Melody said...

Wow you guys have been busy!! I'm sure it's nice to be back on the mainland and closer to everyone, but at the same time you will probably miss Hawaii too...at least you are still on the beach - and a beach house too for a month!! you guys have THE life.

I agree...coffee pot is a necessity.

Hope your transition goes smoothly and that your house is ready as promised on the 15th!