Last week Keith had night flights all week. Therefore, we had the days to play! One of these days we spent at a park we recently found. Our new routine on Sundays has been to go to church and have Sunday lunch out afterwards. We have been trying new restaurants. Sometimes we take Sunday afternoon drives. We happened upon this park while driving. It is about a 30 minute drive from our house, but well worth it. The park is called Alpine Groves Park. It is in Fruit Cove, FL. What I love about this park is that is used to be a citrus farm and it is right on the St. John's River. There are three remaining buildings. There is the old farm house, the shed, and a building that the owner used to display curios. They are in the process of restoring these. Hopefully soon we wil be able to go inside. Of course, I peeked in all the windows I could. I love old buildings. They inspire daydreams of what life used to be like. There were some really neat walking trails there as well. One happened to lead to a very cool playground. We picked up fried chicken and had a picnic by the river. We played frisbee and baseball! What a day! I did not get pics of the buildings. I left the camera in the car. Maybe next time! Bailey and I found a squirrel though and he was SO stinkin cute and friendly!
8.03.2009
Park Day
Posted by The Henderson Family at 2:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment