Well, this has been a very long week for us. I am behind on EVERYTHING! This simple sinus infection that was not treated early on has progressed into a respiratory infection with asthma complications. Doc told me to go to the ER on Friday afternoon for some testing to rule out anything major such as blood clots, heart problems, etc. Got there Friday around 12 and they ended up admitting me. No fun. After many pokes, prods, EKG, and breathing treatments all was well. I got to go home Sat morning just in time for our good friends from Hawaii to arrive in town. They live in AL now and we were so blessed to be able to see them. They have a four year old boy who Rhett LOVES! Their daughter is 6 months younger than Bailey and they are precious together! Two girlie girls. Unfortunately I started feeling REALLY bad Sun afternoon. Doc said to come back and have a blood gas test and CAT scan. No fun again! My blood gases were WAY off from normal. I was hyperventilating! Woo hoo! Anyway, got to feeling better and the CAT scan came back clean. So clean bill of health. Turns out I have a severe reaction to albuterol and prednisone. Though I have to take these things to regulate my asthma, they really mess up my breathing and I hyperventilate. My heart races with the albuterol and prednisone and I cannot breathe accordingly. Anyway, I hope I NEVER have to experience this again. Absolutely HORRIBLE!!!!!! I still have 4 more days of antibiotics and lots of prednisone left. I say lets get through this and MOVE ON!!!!! I have things to do! I will catch up on pictures and postings as soon as I can. Of course, all of this happens during our first few weeks of school. We will catch up soon enough. The garden is HUGE now. The cucumbers are going nuts. I will post pics soon. Until then...........have a blessed day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Oh,Lauren sorry to read that you've been so sick. I, too, have asthma and have been hospitalized with it once. Almost again after the boys were born due to blood gas issues. Hope you start feeling better soon. It's not fun when mamma's are sick.
Post a Comment