2.20.2009

Certainly worth reading......

A good friend of mine from church sent this to me via email. I thought it was great and wanted to pass it on! Enjoy and let the words touch your heart! Thanks Kristen for sharing!





BEAUTIFUL CHRISTIAN SISTER

By Maya Angelou


'A woman's heart should be so hidden in
Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find
her.'


When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting
shouting 'I'm clean living,'

I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and
forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with
pride.


I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my
guide.


When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be
strong.


I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry
on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of
success.


I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my
mess.


When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be
perfect,


My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth
it.


When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of
pain...


I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His
name.


When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than
thou,

I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for passing on these wonderful words. Love ya,
Mom