6.14.2009



Well, we have gotten back into the groove of things. This was the week that we got the kids back into some activities. I don't have many pictures of what we have been doing. On Tuesday I took Rhett and Bailey to Pump It Up. This is a building full of bounce houses and slides. They got lots of energy out and had a blast. Bailey was a little weary of jumping around with lots of other little kids, but she had fun nonetheless. On Wednesday we went shopping which is always interesting with two little people! We are on a mission for chairs. I have very particular chairs in mind with a very particular price. I have been told by various people that the right ones will come along and to chill! On Thursday Rhett started gymnastics class. He was one of three boys and he seemed to really enjoy it. We are going to do a 5 week summer session to see if he wants to keep on. The teacher was great and they did a variety of things. It was very well organized and it promoted listening, memory, physical coordination, and getting along with others. Bailey had a doctor's appt that day because she has a cut on her toe. Turns out she has allergies here in Florida and the doc thinks she has contact dermatitis. She has to wear sock and leather shoes. No more crocs. So now we are back to tying her shoes again! We have three ointments to apply and they seem to be getting better. She is also having some issues with the heat here. She gets a rash and gets itchy when she gets too hot. They are saying maybe a sun allergy!????? Anyway, I am just trying to keep her out of the sun so much. It is just too hot here. I am spoiled to Hawaii weather and I miss it! So...back to our week. On Friday Rhett started his swimming lessons. I found a girl from UNF that comes to our neighborhood here and gives him a 30 minute lesson. He did a good job. We will keep this up as long as he wants to keep it going. Keith was off Friday so after swim lessons we went downtown to the Museum of Science and History. It was a really cool place. We saw dinosaurs, animals, aquariums, and lots of other things. We went to a science presentation that was pretty cool. They did science experiments and answered questions that Rhett asks all the time. What is electricity? Where does it come from? What makes you get shocked? The list goes on and on. He is very curious. On Saturday morning we went to Dutton Island Preserve for a Wild Wonders show. It was a guy who brought all different animals out to pet and talk about. Rhett even held two snakes! Yikes. I do not like snakes, but I am trying to not pass that fear on to him. Though, THERE WILL NEVER BE A SNAKE IN MY HOUSE WITH MY KNOWING ABOUT IT!!!!!! Overall we had a busy week and it was great getting back into more than just unpacking and cleaning!








2 comments:

Lindsey Hoskinson said...

Girl, you are BUSY! Wow! It sounds like you guys have a fun summer lined up! Hope Bailey gets to feeling better soon!

The Family Bond said...

Sorry to hear of Bailey's allergies. Doesn't set well here in the south to be allergic to the sun. I used have a sun allergy but finally out grew it. She may do the same.

Looks like y'all have had some fun family time.